-
January 29th, 2002, 06:16 PM
#1
el don
Guest
Does anyone of you already try a russian camera. There's a brand making those new super8 cameras. And what about the Krasnogorsk K-3 16mm cameras? They are very cheap, even if they are not crystal-sync, and not very sure. I wonder if the Reel Trading package (including camera+crystal sync motor) worth the price (2000$). Any user advice/comment?
------------------
-
January 29th, 2002, 11:36 PM
#2
mike8mm
Guest
I bought a quarz super8 wind up movie camera and I liked it because it came with a bunch of filters. It is used and the light meter didnt work, but there are manual fstop settings. It is a wind up model. Havent used it. Seems okay.
I've never used the krasnogorsk 3 camera. There are some on ebay for $100-250. I think they might need to be serviced or modified because I heard the film tends to jam and the light meter needs a battery adapter.
If I was going to spend $2000 on a 16mm camera, I would get an arriflex.
There is another 16mm russian camera - the kinor. Seems more professional.
I have a couple of 8mm russian cameras and they work great.
------------------
-
January 30th, 2002, 12:35 AM
#3
Konton
Guest
Yeah but only $150 for a Krasnogorsk K-3 16mm camera is an excellent deal. I had a friend who had one and he said the optics on the K-3 gave better resolution than all the other 16mm camera he had ever used. Of course it's loud and not crystal. But for $150 who cares?
I had one of the only Russian battery powered Super 8mm cameras made in 1988. I tried to sell it and it broke getting to the guy. I gave the guy back his money and I got stuck with a broken camera.
I probably should have got UPS to give me my $80 back, but they would have thrown it away. I like it as a conversation piece.
------------------
Konton the Grey
-
January 30th, 2002, 02:24 AM
#4
Cheung
Guest
I bought a K3 from a russian guy on Ebay for around US$210 including airmail to Hong Kong.
The camera looked nice but it jammed , you know, that's what the K3 is notorious for.
I recently send the camera to a Texas guy for modification, he charged me US$85 for that. Don't know the result yet but will be back next week.
------------------
-
January 30th, 2002, 02:30 AM
#5
rollemfilm
Guest
you're better off with an old non-RX bolex than a K-3. and if you dearly need reflex get a RX 2 or 3... if you dearly need sync, well, why would you pay dearly for something that won't work? you can pick up a late model non-RX for $200.00 and add a Tobin sync motor for less than a sync K-3. otherwise, stick with super8!!
------------------
-
January 30th, 2002, 02:56 AM
#6
8th Man
Guest
By the time you've spent two grand on a K-3 camera you might as well get a camera that is quiet and crystal. I just got an Eclair ACL for $2500 and so far I love it. I bet one could find one even cheaper. I think one would "outgrow" a k-3 too quickly for that price.
$150 is cheap enough to warrant giving it a try.
------------------
PRM
-
January 30th, 2002, 05:35 AM
#7
mike8mm
Guest
I believe the lenses on the zenit super8 windup are pentax screw mount. A russian camera seller named olex (he pops up on these forums from time to time) would know more.
------------------
-
January 30th, 2002, 04:08 PM
#8
seekaee
Guest
I have both a K-3 and a S-8 Quartz 
The K-3 so far has worked pretty good and hasn?t jammed yet (I shot two rolls already) I like the fact that the camera can use different lenses and has a beam splitter so you can see right through the lens. For $150 I think it?s a good deal,but it's definitely not worth spending $850 bucks for a crystal -sync upgrade.For $650 you can get a Kinor-16.
As for the Quartz I think their a little over priced ($135 bucks).The extra filters are a neat commodity and it has a C-mount on the body that allows you to use other lenses (I?m not too sure as to what kind as nobody seems to know or in Pro8mm case they won?t tell me unless I come to their store and buy one :P) It?s ok, but I like my GAF ST 805 much better.
[This message has been edited by seekaee (edited January 30, 2002).]
-
January 30th, 2002, 05:08 PM
#9
mattias
Guest
> [the k-3] has a beam splitter so you can see right through the lens
really? i always thought it had a mirrored shutter. anybody got the truth on this?
/matt
-
January 30th, 2002, 11:28 PM
#10
seekaee
Guest
Isn't a beam spliter and a reflex mirror shutter the same thing? That's what I allways understood.
[This message has been edited by seekaee (edited January 30, 2002).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks